Eric Siu is a successful entrepreneur who has founded multiple businesses and worked with leading technology companies such as Amazon, Airbnb, Salesforce and Uber.
In his youth, Eric was not academically or socially successful, but he was a serious high-level eSports and poker player.
He ultimately found how to convert his focus and success in gaming into a very successful career in marketing.
In this interview, Eric shares some of the key concepts he learned from gaming that can be applied to other areas of life.
What you’ll learn
- Why online gaming appeals to so many young men
- How Eric got into gaming from a young age
- Which online games Eric was involved with
- The three things you want in life – Contribution, Health and Connection
- How eSports is now one of the top 3 sports in many countries
- How parents can balance the benefits and risks of gaming
- What he wishes his parents would have done differently to connect with a teenager who likes gaming
- A few key concepts that Eric learned from gaming, such as:
- The wealth ladder
- The Newbie Mindset
- How to apply some of these lessons to fatherhood
- What is Eric working on at the moment?
- All about his new book: Leveling Up – How to Master the Game of Life
About Eric Siu
Eric Siu is the founder of content intelligence software ClickFlow, which helps you grow your traffic while looking like a genius. He is also the Chairman of ad agency Single Grain and has worked with companies such as Amazon, Airbnb, Salesforce, and Uber to acquire more customers.
He also speaks frequently around the world on marketing and SaaS.
In his youth, Eric was not academically or socially successful, but he was a serious high-level eSports and poker player. He ultimately found how to convert his focus and success in gaming into a very successful career in marketing. He also contributes to Entrepreneur Magazine, Business Insider, Forbes, Fast Company, Time Magazine, and more.
Eric’s has recently published a new book called Leveling Up – How to Master the Game of Life.
- Website: levelingup.com
- Instagram: @ericosiu
- Facebook: @LevelingUpWithEricSiu
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/ericosiu/
- Book: Leveling Up: How To Master The Game of Life
Quotes by Eric Siu
“Operating from a position of ‘I’m a beginner still’, removes the ego and you are constantly open to receiving new things”
“For me, the ultimate game is business”
“Gaming was where I felt acknowledged”
“I felt like I was part of something much bigger than myself”
“I definitely got contribution and connection from my gaming days”
“It’s really important to explore why are your children playing games”
“No matter what my children decide to do, it’s being curious about what they choose to be interested in”
“Steve Jobs said everything in life is a remix”
“My thesis is that gaming creates leaders, much like how sports helps foster leadership as well”