One of the biggest challenges facing all new parents is the lack of sleep.
Particularly during the first few months, it can put a big strain on a relationship. And it’s not unusual for dads to feel a bit useless.
But as today’s guest explains, there are plenty of things dads can do to help get a baby to sleep.
Emma Purdue is the founder of Baby Sleep Consultant, who have helped thousands of parents with their baby sleep challenges. In this interview, she shares some of her best tips and tricks on how to get a baby to sleep.
What you’ll learn:
- Why sleep deprivation is such a big issue for new parents
- How long do newborn babies typically sleep for?
- How long before a baby can sleep through the night?
- How to survive the first few months with a newborn.
- How a lack of sleep can trigger postnatal depression (PND)
- What factors help babies sleep through the night
- How to spot your baby’s ‘tired signals’
- How dads can help settle a newborn baby
- The 5-Ss to trigger the calming reflex
- What is the four-month regression?
- The three types of stress, including ‘positive stress’
- Emma’s top tips on How to Get a baby to sleep
- When and how to get help from a professional sleep consultant
About Emma Purdue
Emma Purdue is the founder of Baby Sleep Consultant, one of the leading providers of trained sleep consultants in Australia and New Zealand.
Her team of consultants have helped over 50,000 parents from all around the world with baby and infant sleep issues. They work with children from 0-5 years of age.
Emma is a writer and speaker who has been featured in various international publications, TV programs and websites.
She is certified by The Royal Children’s Hospital and The Happiest Baby on The Block and also has a degree in Biology and a postgrad in Education.
Having experienced the challenges of a baby that won’t sleep and the strain that can put on a mother’s mental health first hand, Emma is passionate about helping other parents learn the techniques and strategies.
Emma is a mother of three who lives in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Website: babysleepconsultant.co.nz
- Facebook: @babysleepconsultantnz
- Instagram: @babysleepconsultant
Quotes by Emma Purdue
“Sleep is as much of a biological importance to us as food”
“Your classic newborn is going to wake several times during the night”
“Lack of sleep is the number one contributing factor to postnatal depression”
“Dads are great Swaddlers”
“Every baby is different so you need different strategies”
Jack Mills says
Hey everyone, I was wondering if you have heard of this simple way to teach your child to get a full night’s sleep? http://bit.ly/baby-sleep-is-easy. I’ve heard great things about it and it looks like it might be a great help to parents wanting to help their children to sleep soundly at night. I was just looking for some opinions before I made my decision. Thank you!
You have noted very interesting details! ps nice website. Sydney Paten Brynna
Hurrah, that’s what I was seeking for, what a material!
existing here at this weblog, thanks admin of this website.